2008 SNM Annual Meeting - Abstracts
This page is currently under construction. SNM is now preparing for the 2009 Call for Abstracts, scheduled to begin on October 20, 2008.
The deadline for 2009 abstract submissions is JANUARY 13, 2009.
Please return to this site in October 2008 if interested in submitting abstract(s) for presentation at next year's 56th SNM Annual Meeting in Toronto, Canada. Important dates, category descriptions and submitter guidelines will be posted on this webpage.
2008 Abstracts from 55th SNM Annual Meeting (via Highwire)
SNM Abstract Archives, 2002 ? 2007 (member login required)
To obtain a copy of an abstract presented prior to the SNM 49th Annual Meeting (2002), you will need to request a reprint. Requests for abstract reprints should be directed to the SNM Production Manager, Communications Department, SNM, 1850 Samuel Morse Drive, Reston, VA 20190-5316; phone: (703) 708-9000 x1213; fax: (703) 708-9018; email: email@example.com. All other inquiries/comments pertaining to SNM abstracts should be directed to the SNM Scientific Program Manager, Department of Education, SNM, 1850 Samuel Morse Drive, Reston, VA 20190-5316; phone (703) 7080-9000 x1212; fax: (703) 708-9013; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to the 2008 SNM Abstracts webpage!
Here you find helpful information concerning scientific abstracts submitted to, and accepted for, oral, poster and computer presentations for the upcoming 55th SNM Annual Meeting at the New Orleans Convention Center in New Orleans, Louisiana, June 14-18, 2008.
ATTENTION SUBMITTING AUTHORS FOR THE SNM 55TH ANNUAL MEETING
Author Acceptance/Non-acceptance notifications for Physician/Scientist/Pharmacist, InfoSNM, and Educational Exhibit categories are scheduled to be emailed to Corresponding Authors (cc to Presenting Authors) no later than Friday, March 28, 2008. Abstracts accepted into Physicians/Scientist/Pharmacist, InfoSNM, or Educational Exhibit sessions will be loaded into the Accepted Abstracts Lookup Table no later than Tuesday, April 1.
Technologists and Technologist Students were sent EARLY acceptance/non-acceptance notifications this year: Monday, March 10. Technologists and Technologist Students may now go to the Lookup Chart to verify abstract acceptance. Abstracts NOT accepted for presentation nor publication will not appear on the Lookup Chart.
On the left sidebar, you will find useful and informative links for the following:
- ACCEPTED ABSTRACTS LOOKUP TABLE ? an electronic chart that displays all abstracts accepted for oral, poster or computer presentation at the the 55th SNM Annual Meeting; this public access tool displays abstract's session information, including session name, time, room number, and presentation start/end times. Abstracts will be displayed in citation format, until the abstracts embargo is lifted on May 16, in which time full-abstract text will be added to search results.
- PRESENTATION GUIDELINES AND SNM POLICIES ? descriptions of SNM presentation guidelines for oral, poster and computer presentations for scientific (abstract) sessions. You will also find important policy updates concerning the various submitter programs (e.g., Physician, Technologist, InfoSNM).
- ONLINE MEETING PLANNER ? SNM premier online itinerary tool for planning scientific and educational sessions scheduled for the Annual Meeting.
- TRACK/CATEGORY DESCRIPTIONS ? detailed descriptions of the scientific categories and symposium sessions offered for the 2008 Annual Meeting.
- ABSTRACT AWARDS ? detailed descriptions of the variety of scientific merit awards offered to Presenting Authors of award-winning abstracts. Physicians & Scientist students and postdoctoral or clinical trainees should go to the SNM Grants & Awards page to apply for 2008 Travel Awards to present abstracts at the SNM Annual Meeting in June. Technologist & Technologist students should go to the SNMTS Grants & Awards page to apply for the 2008 Travel Awards
- SCI SESSION MODERATORS (scheduled posting on this website: May 9, 2008) ? a listing of scheduled Moderators, Co-Moderators and Poster Chairpersons will be displayed, and can be accessed by clicking on this link (after May 9). Moderators/Co-Moderators are responsible for facilitating the flow of oral sessions; Poster Chairpersons are responsible for greeting poster presenters during the "Meet the Author" poster sessions, documenting their appearance during the sessions, and offering scientific commentary (whenever possible). As part of the presentation guidelines, Presenting Authors are required to contact both SNM Scientific Program Manager and the scheduled session moderator(s) on this list, should any unforeseen presentation changes and/or presenter substitutions arise.
- ABSTRACT ARCHIVES ? for searching abstract data from past SNM Annual Meetings (2002 ? 2007)
- REGISTRATION & HOUSING ? SNM Annual Meeting website for registration and housing information
|October 25, 2007||Online Submitter Opens (CLOSED)|
|January 10, 2008||Online Submitter Closes (exception: Technologist Students) (CLOSED)|
|February 7, 2008||Online Submitter Closes for Technologist Students (CLOSED)|
|February 16, 2008||SNM Mid-Winter Educational Symposia (CLOSED)|
|February 20, 2008||Abstract Withdrawal Deadline (CLOSED)|
|March 11, 2008||Accepted Abstracts Lookup Table Posts on Abstracts Website (COMPLETED)|
|March 28, 2008||Acceptance/Non-acceptance Notifications Sent to Authors (COMPLETED)|
|April 23, 2008||Authors of Award-winning Abstracts Notified (pre-meeting awards only)|
|April 30, 2008||Annual Meeting Pre-Registration Deadline|
|May 9, 2008||Abstract Book Mails to US/Canadian Pre-registrants (International Registrants receive onsite)|
|June 14-18, 2008||SNM Annual Meeting (New Orleans, Louisiana)|
What's New for 2008 SNM Abstracts
- EARLY ACCEPTANCE NOTIFICATIONS (for Technologists and Tech Students): Monday, March 10; remaining abstract submitters will be notified of acceptance/non-acceptance on March 28, 2008
- SCIENTIFIC SESSIONS (physicians): Oral scientific sessions have been reduced from 97 to 88 sessions
- NEW TRACK: Novel Approaches to Molecular Imaging (click "Track and Category Descriptions" on sidebar for more details)
- NEW CATEGORIES: Operations/Practice Based/Outcomes Research and General Practice: Oncology have been added to the General Clinical Specialties Track
- NEW ABSTRACT AWARDS (click "Awards" on sidebar for more details):
- Nuclear Oncology Young Investigator Award Symposium
- Siemens Award for Excellence in Practice-Based Research (First Prize = $5,000.00)
- NEW PRESENTATION GUIDELINES for InfoSNM COMPUTER PRESENTATIONS
- Presenting authors are no longer required to give a 10-15 minute "packaged demonstration" in addition to the 10-minute live presentation.
- The 10-minute live presentation will be conducted for the first hour of the session in a classroom setting, followed by 30-min interactive sessions with attendees in an adjoining computer room, where authors? posters will be displayed. Click "presentation guidelines" for more details.
- Internet will be available for live presentations ONLY, not for 30-min interactive sessions with the Presenting Authors in the Computer Room
- NEW ONSITE POLICY for TECHNOLOGIST STUDENTS
- As part of profession courtesy and professional conduct during oral presentation sessions, Technologist Student Presenting Authors are to take part in the entire session they are involved. Presence at the start of the session and involvement until the session concludes is expected.
- Presenting students are expected to address audience questions themselves; faculty members should NOT be involved. (Click "presentation guidelines" on left sidebar for more details.)